Haryana & its Famous Personalities of
Famous Personalities of Haryana in academics,military, sports, business, politics, journalism are given below:-
Famous Personalities of Haryana in Field of Academics
- J.B. Chaudhary.
- Dr. Sarup Singh (1917-2003), Vice Chancellor, University of Delhi (1971-1974), Governor of Gujarat and Kerala.
- Syed Qasim Mahmood: He is Writer, Encyclopedist, Intellectual, Editor, Born (17 November 1928) Kharkhoda, Sonipat, Haryana/East Punjab.
Famous Personalities of Haryana in Field of Arts, entertainment, and films
Actors and models
- Dayachand Mayna, was an actor, songwriter, poet, singer who wrote many raagni, songs, Saang, Kissas, he was from Mayna (Rohtak)
- Satish Kaushik, born in Dhanoda Mahendergarh
- Jagat Jakhar was a Haryanvi film actor famous as hero of the Haryanvi movie Chandrawal.
- Jaideep Ahlawat, born in Village Kharkara Rohtak.
- Parul Gulati , born in Rohtak is an Indian actress who has appeared mainly in Punjabi movies
- Juhi Chawla, born in Ambala is an Indian actress who appears mainly in Bollywood films.
- Baje Bhagat, was very famous classical singer of Haryanvi Dialects.
- Mallika Sherawat, born in Hisar District(24 October 1976) is an Indian actress who appears mainly in Bollywood films.
- Manish Joshi Bismil, born in Hisar is a theatre actor, director, puppeteer and magician.
- Om Puri, born in Ambala.
- Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh, Chief of Dera Sacha Sauda from Sirsa.
- Parineeti Chopra, born in Ambala.
- Rajkummar Rao, born in Gurgaon.
- Randeep Hooda, born in Jaseya, Rohtak.
- Srishti Rana Born in Faridabad is an Indian beauty queen.
- Sunil Dutt from Mandoli in Yamuna Nagar district
- Usha Sharma – a Haryanvi film actoress famous as heroine of the Haryanvi movie Chandrawal.
- Yash Tonk, born in Sonipat.
- Yashpal Sharma (actor), born in Hisar.
- Surinder Sharma, Nangal Chaudhary, Mahendragarh district, Haryana
- Sunil Grover, born in mandi Dabwali, Sirsa.
- Parvinder Singh (Haryanvi Youtuber), Born in Charkhi Dadri
Arts & architecture
- Nek Chand Saini (1924-2015) Rock Garden fame.
Singers & Writers
- Dayachand Mayna was a songwriter, poet, singer who wrote many raagni, songs, Saang, Kissas, he was from Mayna (Rohtak)
- Baje Bhagat was a songwriter, poet, singer who wrote many ragni, songs, he was from sisana village, sonipat.
- Gajendra Verma is a Sirsa-born composer and playback singer
- Ghulam Farid Sabri Qawwal, a leading member of the Sabri Brothers/Qawwali Group. He was born in 1930 Kalyana, Rohtak, Haryana/East Punjab.
- Jasraj Pandit Jasraj is a Hisar born classical singer of Mewati gharana style
- Lakhmi Chand, poet
- Shaheed Kavi Mehar Singh (Dahiya) commonly known as Fauji Mehar Singh and Jat Mehar Singh, born in village Barona in Kharkhoda tahsil, district Sonipat(Rohtak district at that time),
- Sonu Nigam, born in Faridabad.
- Zohrabai Ambalewali (1918-1990), Born in Ambala, Indian classical singer and playback singer in Hindi cinema in the 1930s and 40s.
Famous Journalists of Haryana
- Shekhar Gurera born in Moga in 1965, living in Gurgaon since 1986.
- Rohit Sardana
- Dayachand Mayna
- Preeti Singh
- Murari Lal Sharma (Neeras)
Famous Business Personalities of Haryana
- Baba Ramdev from Patanjali Ayurved Ltd, born in Mahendragarh.
- O.P. Jindal, Former Member of Parliament, Haryana Power Minister, Founder — Jindal Group of Companies, hailing from Hissar
- Sajjan Jindal, industrialist son of O.P. Jindal, hailing from Hisar, India.
- Subhash Chandra, Founder Zee TV, Chairman ESSEL Group.
- Sameer Gehlaut one of India’s youngest self made billionaire at just 34 years of age
Famous Personalities of Haryana in Military
- General Deepak Kapoor, Chief of the Army Staff (India) 2007–10.
- General VK Singh, Chief of the Army Staff (India) 2010–12.
- General Dalbir Singh Suhag, Chief of the Army Staff (India) 2014-2016.
- Major general Rao Farman Ali Khan,born 1923 in, Rohtak, Haryana/East Punjab,(Unit: 26th Field Artillery Regiment,Pak Army). He fought World War-II, Indo-Pak war 47,65,71…
- General Vijay Kumar Singh, born in Bapora, Bhiwani.
- Hon. Captain Umrao Singh Yadav (1920–2005), born in Palra, Jhajjar, recipient of Victoria Cross (VC).
- Lt.Colonel Hoshiar Singh, born in Sisana, Sonipat, recipient of Param Vir Chakra (1971 war).
- Lieutenant Colonel Dharam Singh was born on 10 July 1910 in village Badesara, Bhiwani district, Haryana. For his gallantry he received the Maha Vir Chakra (MVC) on 8 November 1948.
- Lance Naik Hari Singh was born on 26 September 1920 in Badanpur village, Jind district, Haryana. For his gallantry he was awarded the Maha Vir Chakra (MVC) on 17 March 1948.
- Subedar Richhpal Ram (August 20, 1899 – February 12, 1941), born in Barda, Mahendragarh, recipient of Victoria Cross (VC) on 4 July 1941.
- General Dalbir Singh Suhag, Army chief of India is from Bishan village Jhajjar Disst Haryana
Famous Politicians of Haryana
- Nawabzada Liaquat Ali Khan – 1st Prime Minister of Pakistan, 1st Foreign Minister of Pakistan, 1st Defence Minister of Pakistan & 1st Finance Minister of India. He born (1 October 1895) in Karnal, Haryana/East Punjab.
- Abhimanyu Sindhu – BJP National Secretary and BJP National Spokesperson
- Amar Singh, former President of District Congress, Kurukshetra for 12 consecutive years.
- Arvind Kejriwal, from Hisar, Haryana, the Chief Minister of Delhi.
- Ashok Tanwar former National President of NSUI and Indian Youth Congress, Ex.MP from Sirsa and currently the president of Haryana Pradesh Congress Committee.
- Avtar Singh Bhadana born in Faridabad is a member of the 14th Lok Sabha of India. He represents the Faridabad constituency of Haryana and is a prominent leader of Gurjars and a member of the Indian National Congress (INC) political party.
- B. D. Sharma, first Chief Minister of the state
- Bansi Lal, former Chief Minister of Haryana, former Railway Minister of India
- Bhajan Lal, former Chief Minister of Haryana.
- Pawan Pandit, born in bhiwani,is an Indian social and political activist and leader of Bhartiya Gau Raksha Dal & Aam Aadmi Sangathan
- Bhupinder Singh Hooda, born in rohtak. is an Indian politician and leader of the Indian National Congress who has been Chief Minister of Haryana since March 2005.
- Devi Lal, former Chief Minister of Haryana, 6th Deputy Prime Minister of India
- Mahendra Chaudhry, Former Prime Minister of Fiji
- Babu Mool Chand Jain, PWD, B&R Minister (1956), Finance Minister (1967 & 1978), Leader of the Opposition (1980-1982), Deputy Chairman Planning Board (1987-1989)
- Om Prakash Chautala Former Chief Minister of Haryana, son of Devi Lal
- Rana Muhammad Iqbal Khan__Born in Karnal, Haryana/East Punjab, 9th & 10th(current)Speaker Provincial Assembly of the Punjab.
- Rana Phool Muhammad Khan__Born in Karnal, Haryana/East Punjab, Best Politician.Founder of Phool Nagar
- Rao Birender Singh was the second chief minister of Haryana.
- Rao Hashim Khan Born in Balyali Village, Bawani Kheda tehsil, Bhiwani district, Haryana/East Punjab.
- Rao Muhammad Afzal Khan,Born in 1925 in Kalanaur, Rohtak District, Haryana/East Punjab.
- Rao Sikandar Iqbal, from Kalanaur, Haryana/East Punjab, 25th Defence Minister of Pakistan from 2002 to 2007.
- Sushma Swaraj, born in Ambala. She is a former Union Cabinet Minister of India and a former Chief Minister of Delhi. She was the country’s youngest Cabinet Minister at 25 years of age (1977).
- Om Prakash Dhankar (born 1961), Haryana politician, President BJP Kisan Morcha
- Piyush Goyal (born 1964,Mumbai), From Uklana Mandi, Non resident Haryanvi politician, Power Minister in Modi Govt.
- H. R. Bhardwaj, (born 1937), former Governor of Karnataka state from 2009 to 2014 and Union Cabinet Minister of the Ministry of Law and Justice (India) from 2004 to 2009 in the cabinet of Manmohan Singh, born in Rohtak district.
- Ch Lehri Singh Malik was a quit India freed I’m fighter. He was the irrigation and agricultural minister under who Bhakra Nangal was created and much of Haryana, Punjab, Rajasthan and himachal received electricity . He was one of three people who advised indira Gandhi on creating Haryana. He fell out with Nehru first because he fought for Hindi to be used in the regions where jats lived. There was a movement to make all of Punjab a Punjabi speaking state. Luckily Nehru’s daughter saw his importance. He was an MP. And a criminal lawyer. He was born in 1901 and died in 1981 St the age of eighty in Roktak Haryana. His son Sukbir Singh Malik was also a freedom fighter and like his father was given a 22 gun salute at his funeral. ” By Our Reader Ameeta Davis ( granddaughter of Ch Lehri Singh Malik
Freedom fighters of Haryana in revolution
- Sir Chhotu Ram (1881–1945).
- Dharam Singh Hayatpur, revolutionary leader.
- Ganga Singh Gurjar, Freedom fighter of India who took active part in the Great revolt of 1857.
- Nihal Singh Takshak also former Education Inspector with Birla Institute Pilani.
- Ranbir Singh Hooda, Member of the first Constituent Assembly that framed Indian Constitution. Died 2009.
- Rao Tula Ram, revolutionary leader in 1857 revolt from Rewari district.
- Seth Chhaju Ram
- Babu Mool Chand Jain, Jailed for Individual Civil Disobedience Movement (1941), Quit India Movement (1942).
Famous Sports Personalities of Haryana
- Dinesh Kumar, born in Bhiwani.
- Jagdish Singh, born in Bhiwani.
- Manoj Kumar, born in Rajound, Kaithal district.
- Vijender Singh, born in Bhiwani.
- Vikas Krishan Yadav, born in Singhwa Khas, Hisar district.
- Virender Sehwag, born in Jhajjar District
- Ajay Ratra, born in Faridabad.
- Amit Mishra
- Ashish Nehra
- Barinder Sran
- Chetan Sharma
- Joginder Sharma, born in Rohtak.
- Joginder Rao, born in Gurgaon.
- Kapil Dev, born in Haryana.
- Manvinder Bisla
- Mohit Sharma
- Nitin Saini
- Yuzvendra Chahal
- Jasjeet Kaur Handa.
- Mamta Kharab, born in Rohtak.
- Pritam Rani Siwach, born in Jharsa, Gurgaon.
- Sandeep Singh
- Sardara Singh
- Sita Gussain
- Suman Bala, born in Shahbad Markanda.
- Surinder, born in Shahbad.
- Savita Punia , Born In Jodhkan,Sirsa(Hr.)In June 11, 1990
- Ramesh Kumar (born 1976),Arjuna Award (2005)
- Anup Kumar (born 1983, Palra, Gurgaon district), Arjuna Award (2012)
- Sunil Dabas (born Mohammadpur Majra village, Jhajjar district) coach national female Kabbadi team, Dronacharya Award (2012), Padma Shri (2014)
- Santosh Yadav, born in Joniyawas, Rewari. Scaled Mt. Everest Twice in One Year.
- Balwant Singh Sagwal, born in Kaul, Kaithal district.
- Dalel Singh Ror, born in Amin, Kurukshetra.
- Yogeshwar Dutt
- Chandgi Ram, born in Sisai, Hisar district.
- Sakshi Malik.
- Geeta Phogat, born in Bhiwani.
- Lila Ram, born in Mandola, Bhiwani district
- Suman Kundu, born in Kalwa, Jind.
Zaildars during British rule
- Chaudhari Nand Ram Saini
Download HSSC Mock Test With Answer Key
HSSC Important Questions – HSSC परीक्षा में पूछे गए महत्वपूर्ण प्रश्न
Read More Haryana News December – HSSC GK Updates
Haryana GK in Hindi
Haryana Current Affairs
Haryana GK in English
HSSC Mock Test & Question Paper
List of State Highways in Haryana – हरियाणा के राज्य-राजमार्गों की सूचिहरियाणा के जिले की जानकारी के लिए यहाँ क्लिक करें
Sir , ye sbhi questions hindi m chaiye. Plz.upolad in Hindi
abe Guchdu Ram, Mil gaye kya ye kam hai
Sir , ye sbhi questions hindi m chaiye. Plz.upolad in Hindi
Sir ye sabhi questions Hindi me Dena please
SIR YE HINDI DALIYE
Very Nice sir
Sir pls hindi mein dal do
Surendra sharma is from mahendragarh not from rohtak
yes, he is from mahendergarh
Very nice.very very nice but sir can you please tell about all the kabaddi players from haryana.
devi lal freedom fighter ?
Hindi question are required
very nice sir thanks
Hindi me be likh sakte ho jo sabke smj me aaye padne me b time bache
ragni gayak or kavi Mehar Singh Barona wale ka naam list me kyon nahi hai.
sir all students want in hindi updation pls update it”s information & question in hindi
and thanks sir ji give its information to all
Where is kalpana chawla norn in karnal
Where is kalpana chawla born in karnal
nice for social
Ch Lehri Singh Malik was a quit India freed I’m fighter. He was the irrigation and agricultural minister under who Bhakra Nangal was created and much of Haryana, Punjab, Rajasthan and himachal received electricity . He was one of three people who advised indira Gandhi on creating Haryana. He fell out with Nehru first because he fought for Hindi to be used in the regions where jats lived. There was a movement to make all of Punjab a Punjabi speaking state. Luckily Nehru’s daughter saw his importance. He was an MP. And a criminal lawyer. He was born in 1901 and died in 1981 St the age of eighty in Roktak Haryana. His son Sukbir Singh Malik was also a freedom fighter and like his father was given a 22 gun salute at his funeral.
Thanks for the info Ma’am. We salute their contribution for our country.
sir plz hssc k question ans hindi m dalia
Very long list..make it short..just kidding.but nice content
Hii , please share in hindi also otherwise good information
bahut badhiya… helpful for HTET